Monday, November 12, 2007

Tastebuds: It's all in the name!

Tastebuds
49 W. Ferry Street
New Hope, PA
215-862-9722
http://tastebuds-newhope.com/index.htm


NHY Overall Rating: 9 of 10
Food: American with a Mediterranean twist
Serves: Dinner
Price: $$$. Competitive
Ambiance: Minimalist but cozy. Simply chic.

Comments: A friend of ours actually referred us to this establishment and although at first glance I felt the decor was a bit too simplified and the techno music a little trendy, it only took a few minutes to feel the room blend together. Inside, there are 3 small eating areas. Luckily there is not a lot of in and out traffic as we were seated near the front door.
This appears to be the type of place though you don't dare walk in without a reservation. The other two seating areas are a bit more secluded and private.

The bottom line about Tastebuds...it is all about the food. Between the 3 of us we had several things off the menu and everything, I mean everything was outstanding. The portions were a bit small but the flavor and quality of the food meant everything.

A few of the things we splurged on were the Butternut Squash Dumplings ($8), Chicken and Apple Sausage ($10), the carmelized Beef Tenderloin with Ancho Chile Rub ($32), and the Striped Bass En Papillote ($25). And as far as the dessert, Chocolate Mousse, again outstanding.

Tastebuds is BYOB so don't forget your favorite beverage. The service was timely and well done. This is a place that will definitely make a trip to New Hope more than worthwhile! I can't wait to eat there again.


To read other reviews, see here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could love this place like everyone else but I paid $20 for "slow roasted chicken" over spring risotto. When I hear "Slow Roasted Chicken" at a place with such mystique as Tastebuds, I am thinking maybe half chicken with crispy skin draped across Risotto. Instead it was skinless chicken breast, cut into four pieces, the center two pieces were OK, the outer two were dry. My wife's dish was pasta, I thought it was overcooked. The desert was good but for that money, I'm heading back to the No. 9. in Lambertville for special night out.